Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Cardenas, Juan Carlos" <ju...@eds.com> on 2007/12/28 19:09:11 UTC

Does Tapestry5 support Portlets specs JSR168 and 286

I can't seem to find a reference in the documentation.

I know Tapestry4 at least covers 168

What are the plans for covering JSR 286 Portlet 2.0 spec?

Carlos

Re: Does Tapestry5 support Portlets specs JSR168 and 286

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Consider this as interest in having T5 support portlets. We are just about
starting porting a largish JSP-hell application to a proper CMS system plus
Tapestry and portlets, and I would very much like to see that we can jump
right onto T5.

To us, portlets are more important that AJAX (since we don't have much of
that in the current app anyway).

Regards,
Olle Hallin

2007/12/28, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>:

> It's really the other way around; a Portlet is defined in terms of a
> T5 application, where the application pages are mapped to different
> views of the portlet. A portal would contain many portlets, some T5
> applications, some natively implemented.
>
> On Dec 28, 2007 11:19 AM, Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com> wrote:
> >

> > would it be completely ridiculous for a T5 component to house a
> > portlet? is that at all feasible?
> >
> > -mike
> >

> > On Dec 28, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> >
> > > Currently there are not plans to support Portlets in T5 for the
> > > initial release. If there is enough interest, it will be added as a
> > > follow on. It will be much easier to add to T5 than it was to T4,
> > > since a lot of the ideas in T5 came from T4 and its portlet support.
> > > such as the action request / render request split present in T5 (and
> > > in portlets).

> > > --
> > > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > >
> > > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Olle Hallin M.Sc.
+46 70 6653071
olle.hallin@hit.se
www.hit.se

Re: Does Tapestry5 support Portlets specs JSR168 and 286

Posted by Craig St Jean <va...@earthlink.net>.
Seconded - my company will not use Tapestry because of the constant
changes between versions. Its even starting to drive me away in favor
of WebObjects...

Posted by DarĂ­o Vasconcelos <da...@gmail.com>.
Add me to the portlet petition; we're about to start development on a portal
with Liferay and it would be great to have portlet support in T5.

On 12/28/07, Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Howard,
>
> Well, left me alone, I would say instead of the effort to support Portlets
> in T5, spend that in making T5 backward compatible to T4 and T3. You would
> save many people a lot of misery in migrating.
>
> E.
>
> On Dec 28, 2007 11:24 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's really the other way around; a Portlet is defined in terms of a
> > T5 application, where the application pages are mapped to different
> > views of the portlet. A portal would contain many portlets, some T5
> > applications, some natively implemented.
> >
> > On Dec 28, 2007 11:19 AM, Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > would it be completely ridiculous for a T5 component to house a
> > > portlet? is that at all feasible?
> > >
> > > -mike

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us
left."
Oscar Levant

Re: Does Tapestry5 support Portlets specs JSR168 and 286

Posted by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com>.