Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/01 06:52:32 UTC

Release 4.7.0

Hi all,

We have about one month to cut release 4.7.0. Please go through the issues
you filed, if you would like them to be included in 4.7.0, please label
them as `4.7.0`. I would cut the release branch and freeze the features
that will be included in 4.7.0 in a week or so.

- Sijie

Re: Release 4.7.0

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
👍

Re: Release 4.7.0

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Release 4.7.0

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Updates on release 4.7:

Re: Release 4.7.0

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:52 AM, Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> wrote:

> > We have about one month to cut release 4.7.0. Please go through the
> issues
> > you filed, if you would like them to be included in 4.7.0, please label
> > them as `4.7.0`. I would cut the release branch and freeze the features
> > that will be included in 4.7.0 in a week or so.
>
> I've gone though all created by me, bumped some to 4.8.0, ping people
> on others (all jira migrated as marked as created by me).
>
> Is the status of the new apis going to change this release?

Don't think so. Before we can change the status, we at least need to move
all the test cases to use new api. After all bookkeeper code base is moved
to use the new API, we can then change it from "Unstable" to "Evolving".
I would expect it takes one more release after that, before we can change
it from "Evolve" to "Stable".

However I don't think there are efforts on pushing this, since we have
other higher priority tasks to address.

Re: Release 4.7.0

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.