Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> on 2005/09/27 23:01:31 UTC

Re: question about custom squeezer

If you have a serializable object, tapestry can serialize an object
into a very long string. This is not usually desirable. I wrote a
custom squeezer a while back for an object that was the only
practical way to pass certain data around. It was worth it. It ended
up being around 20 characters or so in the URL--until we added some
more fields and it grew over 30 or so. Still that's way better than
the hundreds we got with plain serialization.

Jamie

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
Thanx jamie - that was not my question:
I need to use the same serializable for a bunch of classes, so I will
make them implement an interface (say IX) and set a squeezer for IX.
The question is which squeezer tapestry will choose, Serializable or
IX.
I just took a look at the hivemind code which finds the right squeezer,
and its no problem since the parent class of my objects implements
Serializable, so hivemind will first look for the interfaces declared by
the child class.
Thanx for the quick response...
gute nacht,
Ron