Posted to imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org by David Wood <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/03/24 19:06:35 UTC

anchor class references

I have a user that would like to pass one of his anchor classes to a
method on another anchor class.  The parser is currently failing.  You can
easily reproduce this with something like the following:

Import Class java.util.Properties;p1,p2;
p1.put("p2",p2)

Simply referring to p2 does not seem to be allowed, although the spec
seems to allow it..  Refering to one of its methods does work, as in:

p1.put("p2", p2.toString())

I also looked at using p2.Self, but that does not work either.

The problem appears to be in the symbol table and ultimately the type
match fails when p2 is not a 'referenceType'.

David Wood
Policy Technologies Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)