Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by thomfost <TH...@uk.ibm.com> on 2007/10/17 15:34:54 UTC

XPath Extractor help - JMeter variable ?!?!

Hi, im new to JMeter and i want to use the XPath Extractor. I've looked at
the documentation and it doesn't actually tell you how to view the results
of the xpath query. Please could someone tell me how because I cant see
where to view the results? This is probably really obvious but im a novice
to all this so any help would be great. Also, I want to query the response
of an HTTP request so do I put the XPath Extractor as a child of the HTTP
Request Sampler? Or does it just go below it in the tree?

Cheers
Tom

Re: XPath Extractor help - JMeter variable ?!?!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/10/2007, thomfost <TH...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi, im new to JMeter and i want to use the XPath Extractor. I've looked at
> the documentation and it doesn't actually tell you how to view the results
> of the xpath query. Please could someone tell me how because I cant see
> where to view the results? This is probably really obvious but im a novice
> to all this so any help would be great.

 The value of a variable or function can be reported  using the
__logn()  function. The __logn() function reference can be used
anywhere in the test plan after the variable has been defined.
Alternatively, the Java Request sampler can be used to create a sample
containing variable references; the output will be shown in the
approriate Listener.

> Also, I want to query the response
> of an HTTP request so do I put the XPath Extractor as a child of the HTTP
> Request Sampler? Or does it just go below it in the tree?

Put it as a child of the sampler.