Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matthew Sinclair-Day <ms...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/09 01:55:00 UTC

Problems building/installing 0.11 on Solaris 10

I've built 0.11 for Solaris 10/x86, but I am running into
problems getting couch to start.  The erlang process is running,
but the web server does not appear to be.  Stdout and stderr are
being created, but the pid file and normal log file are not.

I'm not sure how to peel back the layers.

Are there any debug modes that can be activated, or things I can
check to make sure things are correctly in place?  More verbose
logging?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

By the way, _add_config_dir() in bin/couchdb fails on solaris,
at least with the "find" command installed by default in my
environment; it does not like the -mindepth and -maxdepth
options.  I have commented out this routine.

Matt

Re: Problems building/installing 0.11 on Solaris 10

Posted by Tim Smith <ti...@couch.io>.
Matt,

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Matthew Sinclair-Day <ms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've built 0.11 for Solaris 10/x86, but I am running into problems getting
> couch to start.

A few things to check:

- Put /usr/xpg4/bin or /usr/gnu/bin before /usr/bin in your PATH.
/usr/bin/sed in particular seems to fail in a few places in the make
files.  Rebuild couchdb.

- Remove the functions that use 'find ... -maxdepth ...' (you've
already done this)

- Remove anything hanging around in $PREFIX/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib

- Check src/couchdb/couch.app and ensure that the brackets and braces
are correctly balanced.  Another user on Solaris found that it was
needing another set of "]}" before the final ".".

Tim
--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate

Re: Order Number generation

Posted by Sebastien PASTOR <se...@gmx.com>.
Thanks Simon,

I ll have a look at it !