Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Filion <mf...@csc.com> on 2007/02/23 20:54:51 UTC

Struts 2 and QueryString

I sent an post about this a few days ago and didnt really get a response.
I'm starting to have the need to do some AJAX calls now and need some help
on resolving this. I basically have not found any way to get the values
from the querystring within an Interceptor or Action. I've tried accessing
the request directly, having struts set the values for me on my action and
by searching the value stack and cannot find the values anywhere. In fact,
when I access the request directly and call the getQuerystring method it
returns null. Has anyone else come across this issue? I'm running struts
2.0.5 jdk 1.4.2 version.

Thanks

Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Struts 2 and QueryString

Posted by Matt Filion <mf...@csc.com>.
I tried the interceptor as suggested below. I placed it before all other
interceptors and am still seeing the querystring coming across as null.

I'm running this on OC4J. Attatched is my struts config (with some
modification to package names out of consideration for my client).

I've used the 3 following ways to access the request and all end up with
an empty querystring:
        1. HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
_invocation.getInvocationContext().get(ServletActionContext.HTTP_REQUEST);
        2. HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
_invocation.getInvocationContext().get(StrutsStatics.HTTP_REQUEST);
        3. HttpServletRequest request = ServletActionContext.getRequest();

I assume they all point to the same place but wanted to be doubly sure.

Below is the list of jars I have within my web projects classpath.
        backport-util-concurrent-3.0.jar
        commons-logging-1.1.jar
        freemarker-2.3.8.jar
        itext-1.4.8.jar
        ognl-2.6.9.jar
        retrotranslator-runtime-1.2.0.jar
        retrotranslator-transformer-1.2.0.jar
        struts2-api-j4-2.0.5.jar
        struts2-core-j4-2.0.5.jar
        xwork-j4-2.0.0.jar

Matt Filion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

cc

Subject
Re: Struts 2 and QueryString

Might this be the issue:
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1563  This was an issue for
websphere, but other app servers may act the same.  (Not jetty or
jboss though)
Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Struts 2 and QueryString

Posted by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com>.
Might this be the issue:

Re: Struts 2 and QueryString - Found the Issue (OC4J 10.3.1)

Posted by Matt Filion <mf...@csc.com>.
There is a patch for OC4J (number 5608209) that resolves this direct
issue. I found it on the below threads.

http://www.archivesat.com/Java_Webworks_Users/thread1648946.htm

I'm working on applying the patch. I'll send an update if I still have the
issue.

Matt Filion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Matt Filion <mf...@csc.com> wrote:
> I basically have not found any way to get the values

> from the querystring within an Interceptor or
> Action. I've tried accessing the request directly,
> having struts set the values for me on my action and

> by searching the value stack and cannot find the
> values anywhere.

I do Ajax calls via Actions w/ querystring parameters
using the standard ParameterAware interface and
everything works fine.

Perhaps if you (re-)post some code and configs someone
will point out where you've gone wrong.

d.

Re: Struts 2 and QueryString

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.