Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Boris Hoffmann <my...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/06 16:52:35 UTC

derby and ewe

Hi there,

has anybody tried to get around with derby using ewe jvm? -->
http://www.ewesoft.com/
My Problem is that i'm unable to start the derby-db because of this
exception:

/org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

/The Exception is thrown from this part of the sourcecode:/
try {
            Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver");
} catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
            logOutput("initDb", e.getMessage());
            logOutput("initDb", e.toString());
            Vm.exit(-1);
}/

//

I included the derby.jar in my Classpath, testing the whole thing using
the windows-version of ewe was succesfull.

Some data about the PocketPC i'm using:

Type: Intermec Model 730
Microsoft PocketPC Version 4.20
Processor: ARM PXA255
Memory: 64MB

Kindest regards

Boris Hoffmann

Re: derby and ewe

Posted by Boris Hoffmann <my...@gmail.com>.
Daniel John Debrunner schrieb:

>Boris Hoffmann wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>has anybody tried to get around with derby using ewe jvm? -->
>>http://www.ewesoft.com/
>>My Problem is that i'm unable to start the derby-db because of this
>>exception:
>>

>heir site is a little vague about what exactly the EWE VM is. E.g. this
>sentence would worry me :-)
>
><quote>
>No, the Ewe VM is not a Java VM since it does not implement a very small
>number of Java features, nor does it use any of the "standard" Java
>libraries and API
></quote>
>
>Once you get into the details (though these are hard to find, several
>links give errors), you do indeed find that this is not a Java VM, it's
>a non-standard VM that shares some minor elements with a Java VM.
>(http://www.ewesoft.com/UnderTheHood.htm)
>
>Thus I would say near zero chance of Derby running on it, since Derby is
>targeted at the standard J2ME/CDC/Foundation and J2SE apis.
>

>Dan.

Thanks for the fast answer.
OK, so i have to change the VM, using a REAL java VM :)

thx again
Boris

Re: derby and ewe

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.