Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "S. Zhou" <my...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/31 02:18:36 UTC

How to delete multiple columns in the same row?

I try to delete multiple columns for the same row in HBase. I checked the API for the "Delete" class, method "deleteColumns", and have some confusion. Basically, I am not sure: if I should call "deleteColumns" on the same "Delete" object multiple times (to delete multiple columns), or create multiple "Delete" objects and each such object is for one column deletion.

Thanks
Senqiang

Re: How to delete multiple columns in the same row?

Posted by "S. Zhou" <my...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Ted & Lars. For the clarification of Java doc for "Delete",  I would say: adding some statement like "call this method once for each column to be deleted"

On Monday, December 30, 2013 5:39 PM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

You should call deleteColumns on the same Delete object multiple times.
If you like, could you suggest how we can improve the Javadoc to make it more clear?

-- Lars

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Option #1 should do - one Delete for each row.

Take a look at:
hbase-server/src/test//java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/rest/TestScannersWithFilters.java

Cheers