Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Juan Gentile <ju...@globant.com> on 2012/10/09 20:03:38 UTC

Flume-ng - Distributed

Hi,

I'm new to Flume-ng, I'd like to ask you if you can tell me how I can
accomplish to have an agent distributed in a cluster. I've have developed
my own source and sink version that reads from a queue and the sink stores
the messages read to hdfs. If I want to have this running in multiple
instances, do I have to submit it on each node?

This is my conf file:
agent1.channels.channel1.type = memory
agent1.channels.channel1.capacity = 1000
agent1.channels.channel1.transactionCapacity = 1000

agent1.sources.source1.channels = channel1
agent1.sources.source1.type = MySource

agent1.sinks.sink1.channel = channel1
agent1.sinks.sink1.type = MySink

agent1.channels = channel1
agent1.sources = source1
agent1.sinks = sink1

I see that there is the concept of 'master' a 'node' in the previous
version of flume, do I have something similar here?

Thanks,
Juan

Re: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by Juan Gentile <ju...@globant.com>.
Great thanks this clears everything thanks!

Re: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by Harish Mandala <mv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Most commonly this is done using something like puppet or chef. Like Roy said, you can use the same config file, but different agent names so you an deploy the same file, yet have different configurations for the agents on different machines.

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

RE: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by "Camp, Roy" <rc...@ebay.com>.

Re: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by Juan Gentile <ju...@globant.com>.

Re: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Re: Flume-ng - Distributed

Posted by iain wright <ia...@gmail.com>.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but is this tiered approach recommended
over reading from a local queue and having 10 or so nodes write directly to
hbase when using the async hbase sink?

--
Iain Wright

<http://www.labctsi.org/>
This email message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not disclose or disseminate the message to anyone except the intended
recipient. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email, and
delete all copies of this message.

RE: Flume-ng - Distributed