Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by li hao cho <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 22:41:07 UTC

Question about lucene query (+body:12) (+title:12) ?

Hi all, I use query (+body:12) (+title:12) , but I got some wrong
message bellow:

java.io.IOException: read past EOF
       at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java:137)
       at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte(BufferedIndexInput.java:38)
       at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt(IndexInput.java:47)
       at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readLong(IndexInput.java:70)
       at org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorsReader.get(TermVectorsReader.java:107)
       at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.getTermFreqVector(SegmentReader.java:576)
       at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.getTermFreqVector(MultiReader.java:85)
       at org.apache.bbs.Server.dowork(Server.java:654)
       at org.apache.bbs.Server$ServerThread.run(Server.java:262)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

line 262 in Server.java as bellows:
TermPositionVector tpv = (TermPositionVector)
reader..getTermFreqVector(hits.id(index)) "body");

I am confused about the error message.

--
Li-Hao Cho
cholihao@gmail.com

Re: Question about lucene query (+body:12) (+title:12) ?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Can you provide a self contained test or at least some code for this?

On Jul 19, 2007, at 5:32 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> Hopefully someone will be able to give you some further insight
> into this. To me, it looks like a corrupted index. If TermVectors
> where not stored, at worst you should be seeing a
> NullPointerException. Has this index had anything interesting
> happen to it? Made with an older version of Lucene, used with a
> newer version? You are literally trying to read past the end of a
> file, so Lucene is not finding what it expects in your index. Not
> much insight there I know :) I am sure someone else will be of
> further help -- a few more details might be of help in diagnosing
> the problem though.
>
> - Mark
>
> li hao cho wrote:
>> Hi all, I use query (+body:12) (+title:12) , but I got some wrong
>> message bellow:
>>
>> java.io.IOException: read past EOF
>>       at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill
>> (BufferedIndexInput.java:137)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte
>> (BufferedIndexInput.java:38)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt
>> (IndexInput.java:47)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readLong
>> (IndexInput.java:70)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorsReader.get
>> (TermVectorsReader.java:107)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.getTermFreqVector
>> (SegmentReader.java:576)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.getTermFreqVector
>> (MultiReader.java:85)
>>       at org.apache.bbs.Server.dowork(Server.java:654)
>>       at org.apache.bbs.Server$ServerThread.run(Server.java:262)
>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>
>> line 262 in Server.java as bellows:
>> TermPositionVector tpv = (TermPositionVector)
>> reader..getTermFreqVector(hits.id(index)) "body");
>>
>> I am confused about the error message.

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp

Read the Lucene Java FAQ at http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ

Re: Question about lucene query (+body:12) (+title:12) ?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.