Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2020/03/18 07:14:39 UTC

[platform] Getting a hook for 'status: ready'

Under some circumstances, my platform application is not performing so well
during startup.
There is a lot of JavaFX stuff invoked too in the top components being
restored.

I've been experimenting with  a delay that makes the FX stuff kick in 45
seconds after application start and that is somewhat of an improvement.

I don't think that's a pretty solution so my idea is to do it
after  'status: ready' is being displayed, as in
Garbage collector: G1 Young Generation (Collections=9 Total time spent=0s)
Garbage collector: G1 Old Generation (Collections=0 Total time spent=0s)
Classes: loaded=13713 total loaded=13713 unloaded 0
INFO [org.netbeans.core.ui.warmup.DiagnosticTask]: Total memory
33 533 300 736
INFO [null]: Total physical memory 33 533 300 736
*** status: ready

I could not find anything in LifecycleManager
and windowManager.invokeWhenUIReady is triggered to early.

Does the platform have anything that can help me doing this?

/Patrik

Re: [platform] Getting a hook for 'status: ready'

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
Stupid me.
That was not the platform talking.