Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Yves Sy <yv...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/24 05:44:31 UTC

Approach on customizing contrib:Table

Hi,

I'd like to change the pager links (<< < 123 > >>) of contrib:Table to
maybe images. What is the recommended approach for this?

Everything else in contrib:Table is just fine for me ...

Thanks,
-Yves-

--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
stops. On my desk I have a work station...

Re: Approach on customizing contrib:Table

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
I've been using a control called "PagedForEach" from this example
https://betterpetshop.dev.java.net/. It is more open than the table
control.

How to map Tapestry entry point?

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.
Ok, I seem to recall this being asked before, but in the context of Tomcat.

I'm using Jetty and I'd like to know how to map:

www.bloggs.com/xxxx/app

to:

www.bloggs.com/

What ways are there to achieve this? Also, what would be the best way to
  place a holding page at that URL (i.e.: www.bloggs.com/index.html to
basically say the web site is down for maintainance) if I shut down the
Tapestry application?

thanks,
dd

Re: Approach on customizing contrib:Table

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Rather than using the top level Table component, use the lower level table
components such as TableView, TablePages, etc. Table itself is built out of
those. Its template is the following:

You can see an example of using the low level components in the Workbench.
John Reynolds also has a very nice Table tutorial and this is a part of it
as well:

http://tapestrywebcomponentexamples.dev.java.net/

You can replace TablePages in the template above with your own component,
move it somewhere else (i.e. at the bottom), and so on. To make things easy
when you create the component, simply copy the TablePages code and modify it
as you desire.

I hope this helps.

-mb