Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com> on 2014/06/20 19:58:28 UTC

kubernetes framework.

Is anyone (working on/thinking about) a kubernetes framework?

It's a master<>worker, so it "should" slot in pretty nicely.

--
Cheers,
Tim

Re: kubernetes framework.

Posted by Diptanu Choudhury <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

I looked into Kubernetes, it uses static partitioning to decide where each
of the tasks[within a container] would run. So you could have a pod run
multiple containers and have replicas of the pod running across your
cluster. I thought most schedulers however would like to make decisions
about where to run things dynamically based on the workload.

Could you explain what you meant by a "kunbernetes framework"?

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Is anyone (working on/thinking about) a kubernetes framework?
>
> It's a master<>worker, so it "should" slot in pretty nicely.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Tim
> Freedom, Features, Friends, First -> Fedora
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/bigdata

Diptanu Choudhury
Web - www.linkedin.com/in/diptanu
Twitter - @diptanu <http://twitter.com/diptanu>

Re: kubernetes framework.

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
inline.

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
inline.

Re: kubernetes framework.

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
Yes! I've chatted with a few folks about it in person and would love to see
this come to life.

I know that Niklas has some go bindings (backed by libmesos) here
<https://github.com/nqn/mesos-go> and Vladimir Vivien has some _native_ go
bindings (no need for libmesos) here
<https://github.com/vladimirvivien/gomes> that could be used to help

Re: kubernetes framework.