Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Vernier, Dominique (DVernier)" <dv...@relaystar.com> on 2004/06/14 14:01:15 UTC

Log4j in a multiple server architecture

Hi,

I have two applications servers running J2EE servers (Jboss for
instance). They are running the same applications in a load
balancing/fail over perspective. For security and policy reason NetBios
can't be installed and then no share drive are available.

My problem is that I would like to be able to monitor log4j message
coming from our applications without playing the 'Disk Jockey' role for
locking the write log file. I imagine that a solution is using
JMSAppender and have a kind of listener on each server which will log it
into a file.

I saw in other mails that chainsaw is able to capture the JMS message,
but is it able to serialize the received message to keep an history
trace and at client start-up load this trace and then receive the
current sent messages?

I'll appreciate to receive more information on the best practice to
monitor applications running on different server.

Thx

Dominique