Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/01 19:04:32 UTC

SpiUriDeploy TC job fails on Java 9+

Hi,

SpiUriDeploy fails on TC when it is run with any Java 9+ version [1].
The reason is very simple, it contains one preliminary build step
which is forced to run with Java 8. But for Java 9+ builds we pass
module-related arguments and consequently it leads to Java 8 failure
(unknown argument). I tried to run that step on JDK used for all other
steps but faced a compilation error. It was on Java 9 and it said that
target version 11 was not supported. Due to some reason we configure
<maven.compiler.target>11</maven.compiler.target> in parent pom for
java-9+ profile.

In my mind simple solution here is to set target version to 9. But
perhaps there is a clever way to use maximum version supported by a
used JDK.

Do you have an ideas?

[1] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_SpiUriDeploy&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=%3Cdefault%3E&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: SpiUriDeploy TC job fails on Java 9+

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

I made SpiUriDeploy job successful by enforcing jdk 8 and not passing
any extra jvm arguments for an extra compile step (Step 4: Pre-compile
external data). Everything is running fine so far [1].

[1] https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_SpiUriDeploy&tab=buildTypeHistoryList&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=%3Cdefault%3E

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Ilya, Dmitriy,

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.