Posted to users@camel.apache.org by SteveR <sr...@vonage.com> on 2015/01/27 23:16:45 UTC

How to Setup/Locate Camel Core Log?

I'm new to Camel and I'm using Camel 2.14.0 to develop a stand-alone Java
application.  So far, so good, but I can't seem to locate Camel's core log?
I'm using slf4j on top of log4j2 with its log4j2.xml file.

I see a few references to the Camel core log in the *Camel in Action* book,
but googling hasn't helped me much in figuring this out.

I must have had it working at one point with Netbeans on my laptop, because
I see a file called *camelLog*, here's a snippet:

*2015-01-23T15:39:45,490 DEBUG
Adding routes from builder: Routes: []

2015-01-23T15:39:45,545  INFO
Apache Camel 2.14.0 (CamelContext: MPLR) is starting

2015-01-23T15:39:45,545 DEBUG
Using ClassResolver=org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultClassResolver@d9326df,
PackageScanClassResolver=org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultPackageScanClassResolver@37dd016f,
ApplicationContextClassLoader=sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@baf1915*

However, when building the jar file and deploying my application on a Linux
server, I can't locate the Camel core log file.

I also see one web post where someone mentions *
org.apache.camel.camel-core.log
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Logging-into-the-bundle-log-file-via-to-quot-log-quot-td5738205.html>
*

Thanks in advance for any help,