Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by COCHE Sébastien <SC...@sigma.fr> on 2013/10/10 15:06:14 UTC

CS Ip address reservation...

Hi all,

Is it possible, with CloudStack, to reserve an IP address, on a shared network, to be used by an external server, unmanaged by CloudStack ?
The goal is to integrate physical server (ie : Oracle Database) in a virtual environment managed by CloudStack.

Thank a lot

Best regards

Sébastien

RE: CS Ip address reservation...

Posted by Saksham Srivastava <sa...@citrix.com>.
Sébastien,

Shared Networks have implicit reservation already built in by specifying the start ip and end ip.
Unlike isolated networks for which CloudStack completely designs (create CIDR, net mask, gateway etc), shared networks are admin designed and implemented.
So we did not add support for shared networks.

Thanks,
saksham

Posted by COCHE Sébastien <SC...@sigma.fr>.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Posted by COCHE Sébastien <SC...@sigma.fr>.
This parameters mean that the instance is not started (or stay stopped) at the end of creation (e.g. : to add a new virtual disk).
It doesn't forbid the vm startup.
I did not see any instance deployment parameter which could answer my need  :-(

Am I the only one guy who need to mix virtual and physical environments ?
I don't think so...
I saw that, since CS 4.1 system VM are not automatically shutdown, when all instances are shutdown,   to maintain communication between physical servers and public network.
So, how do they do, to deploy a physical equipment in a subnet managed by CloudStack ?

Best regards

Sébastien

You can try with  deployvirtualmachine  API with startvm=false parameter.

Regards
Sadhu

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.