Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Deacon, Garrett (DST-CLT)" <ga...@dstinteractive.com> on 2002/12/20 14:30:36 UTC

ejbjar issue

I am having a devel of a time with the ejbjar task with weblogic.  I get the
following error for ant 1.5.1 that I did not get with 1.4.x ...

Unable to load dependency analyzer:
org.apache.tools.ant.util.depend.bcel.AncestorAnalyzer

Here is the task

  <target name="dist" depends="compile"
        description="generate the distribution" >
    <!-- Create the distribution directory -->
    <mkdir dir="${dist}/lib"/>

    <!-- Put everything in ${build} into the MyProject-${DSTAMP}.jar file
-->
    <echo message ="Ejb Jar source=${theBuild.classes.dir}" />
	<echo message ="Ejb discriptor dir=${theBuild.ejbConfig.dir}" />
	<ejbjar descriptordir="${theBuild.ejbConfig.dir}"
	   basejarname="${projectName}"
	   srcdir="${theBuild.classes.dir}"
	   destdir="${dist}/lib}" >
	   <classpath>
            <pathelement path="${theBuild.classes.dir}"/>
            <pathelement location="${weblogic.lib.dir}/weblogic.jar"/>
			<pathelement location="${common.j2ee.dist}"/>
        </classpath>
        <weblogic destdir="${dist}/lib}" newCMP="true">
            <wlclasspath>
               <pathelement location="${weblogic.lib.dir}/weblogic.jar"/>
            </wlclasspath>
        </weblogic>
	 </ejbjar>	...

Am I misusing this target?

Thanx in advance for any help
Garrett Deacon
DST Iinteractive
9401 Arrowpoint Blvd.
Charlotte NC 28273
--------------------------------------
voice: 704-559-4916
fax: 704-559-4949
mobile: 704-779-5229

Re: ejbjar issue

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Deacon, Garrett (DST-CLT) wrote:
> I am having a devel of a time with the ejbjar task with weblogic.  I get the
> following error for ant 1.5.1 that I did not get with 1.4.x ...
>
> Unable to load dependency analyzer:
> org.apache.tools.ant.util.depend.bcel.AncestorAnalyzer

If you have trouble when upgrading a version of Ant, the first port of call
should be the WHATSNEW file and the changes between the two versions.

* <ejbjar> now allows control over which additional classes and interfaces
   are added to the generated EJB jars. A new attribute "dependency" can be
   defined which controls what classes are added. The addition of classes
   now uses the Jakarta-BCEL library rather than reflection, meaning bean
   classes are  no longer loaded into Ant's JVM. The default dependency
   analyzer is known as the ancestor analyzer. It provides the same behaviour
   as the 1.4.1 version of <ejbjar>. If the BCEL library is not present, a
   warning will be issued stating the ancestor analyzer is not available. In
   this case <ejbjar> will continue to function but will not add super
   classes to the jar.

Conor