Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ikhsvaku S <ik...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/11 09:59:44 UTC

Does solr support this scenario - calling external ws/db to fetch field instead of own index?

Hi,

We were recently investigating use of Solr for querying & indexing our bug
database. We are very happy and most of the fields could be indexed
straightforward. But there are some of the fields that cant be indexed as
they are changed all the time and we want to incorporate that too in solr
query. Even if solr doesnt index that external field it instead accepts the
query and calls the external script/db/webservice to get value of the field
and proceed with rest...

Like it can allow queries with these external fields but instead of checking
it in its own indexes - queries external database/web-service and then
return results...?

Eg. userid_s:a* AND my_external_field:a* AND title_s:a*

Here my_external_field is fetched from webservice/rdbms calls and returns
the set of unique doc ids

Thanks