Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com> on 2005/05/03 20:08:36 UTC

Odd thing with dates

I've built and application that converts some data from a MS Sql database to
a Oracle database (8i).  I basically search against the sql server database
and then take the resultant objects and copy fields over the Oracle
representation of the data and then store it to the Oracle database.  For
the most part this seems to be working just fine, except that some dates are
getting goofy.  I've listed the dates in my log, both in the sql server
objects and the Oracle object, both appear to be fine.  However when I
retreive the stored data from the Oracle database I'm getting a date that is
clearly incorrect.  The dates where something like '2005-05-03' but what's
stored in the Oracle database is '1969-12-31'.

Is anyone aware of any behaviours with OJB, sql server or Oracle that would
explain this?

And which of the classes do I need to turn debugging up for in order to see
the fields which are being set?  I can see the sql, but I don't know what's
being put into the prepared statement.  I've managed to get debugging set to
display fields for select statements, but inserts are eluding me at this
point.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Re: Future of OJB?

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.
Could you please explain more.

-                                                               -
- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Partner & Sr. Manager             7 West 24th Street #100     -
- +1 (410) 808-6646 (c)             Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -
-                                                               -

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
have received it in error, purge the message from your system and
notify the sender immediately.  Any other use of the email by you
is prohibited.

Re: Future of OJB?

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Cesar Leite wrote:
> the project OJB will be interrupted?

I certainly do not hope so! In that case, they forgot to tell me. ;)

Cheers,
  Martin

Future of OJB?

Posted by Cesar Leite <ce...@uol.com.br>.
Somebody knows...

the project OJB will be interrupted?

[ ]´s

RE: Odd thing with dates

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Nevermind, I figured out what was going on and how to do the debug thing.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com