Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2022/05/29 18:44:16 UTC

More test failures

So I have been trying to fix the problems on Windows in the unit test I added recently. I think I have finally fixed that but I just updated from master and now I am getting all the errors below. Did something change?

Ralph

[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   RollingAppenderCronEvery2DirectTest.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling-cron-every2Direct failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-cron-every2Direct\test1-05-29-22-12-28-46.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderCronEvery2Test.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling-cron-every2 failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-cron-every2\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderCronOnceADayTest.testAppender(Logger,RollingFileAppender) target\rolling-cron-once-a-day failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-cron-once-a-day\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderCronTest.testAppender(LoggerContext) target\rolling-cron failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-cron\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderDirectWrite1906Test.testAppender(LoggerContext) target\rolling-direct-1906 failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-direct-1906\rollingfile.2022-05-29-12-28-09.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderDirectWriteTempCompressedFilePatternTest.testAppender(LoggerContext) target\rolling-direct failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-direct\test1-05-29-22-12-26-25.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderDirectWriteTest.testAppender(LoggerContext) target\rolling-direct failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-direct\test1-05-29-22-12-10-20.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderDirectWriteWithReconfigureTest.testRollingFileAppenderWithReconfigure(LoggerContext) target\rolling-direct-reconfigure failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-direct-reconfigure\test1-05-29-22-12-18-18-203.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderTimeAndSizeDirectTest.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling3Direct failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling3Direct\test1-05-29-22-12-14-05-21.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderTimeTest.testAppender(LoggerContext) target\rolling2 failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling2\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingAppenderUncompressedTest.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling4 failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling4\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingNewDirectoryTest.streamClosedError(Logger) target\rolling-new-directory failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-new-directory\2022_05_29-17-15\messages-2022_05_29_12_17_15_048.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RollingRandomAppenderDirectWriteTest.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling-random-direct failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-random-direct\test1-05-29-22-12-20-20.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RolloverWithDeletedOldFileTest.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling-with-padding failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-with-padding\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RolloverWithPaddingTest.testAppender(Logger) target\rolling-with-padding failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling-with-padding\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   JsonRoutingAppender2Test.routingTest(ListAppender) target\rolling1\rollingtest-Unknown.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling1\rollingtest-Unknown.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   JsonRoutingAppenderTest.routingTest(ListAppender) target\rolling1\rollingtest-Unknown.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\rolling1\rollingtest-Unknown.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   PropertiesRoutingAppenderTest.routingTest(ListAppender) target\routing1\routingtestProps-Activity.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\routing1\routingtestProps-Activity.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
, target\routing1\routingtestProps-Alert.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\routing1\routingtestProps-Alert.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RoutingAppender2767Test.routingTest target\routing1\routingtest-Service.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\routing1\routingtest-Service.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RoutingAppenderTest.routingTest(ListAppender) target\routing1\routingtest-Alert.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\routing1\routingtest-Alert.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
, target\routing1\routingtest-Activity.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\routing1\routingtest-Activity.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   RoutingDefaultAppenderTest.routingTest(ListAppender) target\routing1\routingtest.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\routing1\routingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   AsyncLoggerConfigAutoFlushTest.testFlushAtEndOfBatch target\AsyncLoggerConfigAutoFlushTest.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\AsyncLoggerConfigAutoFlushTest.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   AsyncRootReloadTest.testLog4j2_807(Logger) target\LOG4J2-807.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\LOG4J2-807.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   ConfigurationFactoryTest.json(LoggerContext) target\test-json.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\test-json.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   ConfigurationFactoryTest.properties(LoggerContext) target\test-properties.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\test-properties.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   ConfigurationFactoryTest.xinclude(LoggerContext) target\test-xinclude.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\test-xinclude.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   ConfigurationFactoryTest.xml(LoggerContext) target\test-xml.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\test-xml.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   ConfigurationFactoryTest.yaml(LoggerContext) target\test-yaml.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\test-yaml.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

[ERROR]   CustomConfigurationTest.testConfig(LoggerContext) target\test.log failed with java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\test.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Re: More test failures

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I ported more tests to JUnit 5. Assuming those are the same, then it’s a Windows-specific issue in the CleanUpDirectories/Files annotations compared to the JUnit 4 test rules for doing the same. Since the extension mechanisms in JUnit are different, there could potentially be a bug due to ordering of operations. Since this deleting an open file thing is only a problem on Windows, it’s difficult to debug outside it.

—
Matt Sicker

Re: More test failures

Posted by Tim Perry <ti...@gmail.com>.