Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 08:26:44 UTC

1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Hi,

Today I got 3 complete builds on Windows XP + java6|java5|java1.4

Linux build fails with an assertion error in XMLCatalogTest.  I tried to
debug this error in eclipse, but the error doesn't exist except when
executed as part of ./build.sh test

IMHO that makes the code ready for alpha status.

Could someone test the build on the following platforms:

- Vista (someone has probably got a copy/image (Steve?))
- OSX (my laptop is dead now - so no more OSX builds)
- Linux (preferably not debian based)

A binary version will be available from
people.apache.org/~kevj/ant/1-7-1-alpha soon.

Thanks,
Kev

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>> Could someone test the build on the following platforms:
>>
>> - Vista (someone has probably got a copy/image (Steve?))
>
> Not sure of what the process is to test the build, here's what I've done:
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/branches/ANT_17_BRANCH/
> cd ANT_17_BRANCH
> build
>
> On my windows vista box with jdk 1.6.0 the build was successful. I've also
> tried the trunk, the build was successful too.

Thanks for the quick test, it looks like a bug has snuck in (see recent
mail about TempFile)

Kev

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 12, 2007 8:26 AM, Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I got 3 complete builds on Windows XP + java6|java5|java1.4
>
> Linux build fails with an assertion error in XMLCatalogTest.  I tried to
> debug this error in eclipse, but the error doesn't exist except when
> executed as part of ./build.sh test
>
> IMHO that makes the code ready for alpha status.
>
> Could someone test the build on the following platforms:
>
> - Vista (someone has probably got a copy/image (Steve?))

Not sure of what the process is to test the build, here's what I've done:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/branches/ANT_17_BRANCH/
cd ANT_17_BRANCH
build

On my windows vista box with jdk 1.6.0 the build was successful. I've also
tried the trunk, the build was successful too.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
I didn't have the time to collect all the depencency jars, so in both
cases I've only run a minimal testsuite with the only installed
dependency (apart from Java5) being JUnit.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone test the build on the following platforms:
>
> - OSX (my laptop is dead now - so no more OSX builds)

10.4 (PowerPC if that matters): only errors in scriptdef's AntUnit
tests since the test is run even if I don't have BSF.  No other
issues.

> - Linux (preferably not debian based)

SuSE 10.1:

same scriptdef problem as on MacOS X (of course).

retry_test.xml fails

  <testcase name="test-fail-and-retry">
    <failure columnnumber="90" linenumber="10" message="Expected build failure"
type="org.apache.ant.antunit.AssertionFailedException">.../ANT_17_BRANCH/src/tests/antunit/taskdefs/retry-test.xml:10: Expected build failure

which is a local issue since my ISP's DNS seems to be playing tricks
on me and the <get> task actually succeeds.

So, no issues outside of the untested optional tasks have been
detected on my Mac or Linux machines.

Stefan

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > What's RAT?
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RatProposal
>
> Thanks. I see Stefan would know right away what this meant ;-) --DD

Yeah.  I asked Robert whether he intended to write an Ant task for RAT
last year and his response was that he granted me write access to the
Google code repository.  So I hacked together an Antlib for RAT,
including AntUnit tests.

Stefan

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Gilles Scokart
> <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I run RAT against it, and I got some missing
> headers (or missing
> > > indication that it is generated files) :
>
> What's RAT? It's a bit too overloaded a search word
> that I couldn't
> find what it might refer to in this context. Thanks,

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RatProposal

-Matt

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I run RAT against it, and I got some missing headers (or missing
> > indication that it is generated files) :

What's RAT? It's a bit too overloaded a search word that I couldn't
find what it might refer to in this context. Thanks, --DD

Re: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I run RAT against it, and I got some missing headers (or missing
> indication that it is generated files) :

I've addressed those, except for

> ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/slides/extending_ant.odp

which is a binary (a ZIP) but RAT hasn't detected it.

Stefan

RE: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
I run RAT against it, and I got some missing headers (or missing indication that it is generated files) :

!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/page.css
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/ant2/FunctionalRequirements.html
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/ant2/VFS.txt
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/ant2/actionlist.html
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/ant2/original-specification.html
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/ant2/requested-features.html
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/ant2/requested-features.txt
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/antlibs/bindownload.cgi
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/antlibs/srcdownload.cgi
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/docs/slides/extending_ant.odp
!????? ../apache-ant-1.7.1alpha/lib/libraries.properties

Gilles

RE: 1.7.1 nearly there - alpha

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
I have seen that there is still multiple LICENSE files.  I have read [1] that the preference is now to have a single
license file.

Also, I found the content of LICENSE.sax rather unclear.  Also, the link http://saxproject.org/?selected=pd doesn't
exist (but http://saxproject.org exists).

[1] http://apache.markmail.org/search/?q=%22one+license+file%22