Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de> on 2005/07/09 21:27:32 UTC

Preparing a release for WSS4J - Info required

Dear fellow contributors for WSS4J,

it's time to do a release for WSS4J :-).

Most of the job is done, the ant-targets for the distributions
are set up, the tests are up and runing, the buglist is nearly
empty, no real show stoppers known.

However, some action items remain:

- pls crosscheck if the ant targets for the distribution also
   include your parts. That is the parts for Trust and
   Conversation

- pls indicate about the state, interops done so far, or no
   interops done so far, you interop partners and so on

- give some info about the topic, e.g. what does "Trust" or
   "Conversation" really do, which specifications you
   implemented, etc.

- do you need additional libraries, support software (additional
   to what the base WSS4J implementation needs)? If so also
   include a link where to get the software

- any other information about you part (Trust and Conversation)
   that could be of value for the users.

Pls provide this info and send it to the list (using the Subject
above). As I get the info I compile it into a README file. If
necessary also a release note could be prepared. Please indicate
which info shall go into a README, and which part into a release
note.

Regards,
Werner

Re: Preparing a release for WSS4J - Info required

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

'Trust' and 'Conversation' implements the WS-Trust and WS-Secure
Conversation specifications.

Status right now:
WS-Trust impl is in the process of being re-done.
WS-Secure Conversation impl will be re-worked burning the
WS-Addressing stuff into it once we have the components of WS-Trust
impl ready.

Introps:
The SecurityTokenService successfully interoped with IBM's impl last
year (Token issuance only). But as of now we cannot confirm
interoperability due to the changes. :-(

Therefore I think for the 1.0 release we will have to exclude
WS-Secure Conversation and WS-Trust impls from it.

As for the release note/README I suppose we should only include
'trust' and 'conversation' as experimental.

Thanks
Ruchith