Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/22 09:20:32 UTC

[Discuss] Service name in Topology needs to prefix Application ID

Hi Devs,

I think we need to do $subject. Currently service name is set to cartridge
type:

Service service = new Service(cartridge.getType(), serviceType);

If multiple applications are deployed with the same cartridge this would
cause problems.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Service name in Topology needs to prefix Application ID

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Reka,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yes in this release we might not need
to change service definition since we have already added application id to
the cluster.

Thanks

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

I don't think that it will cause any problems when multiple applications
use the same service. Since the functionality works as below:

For the simplicity and compatible with stratos 4.0.0 model, we thought of
not changing the Topology with application references. We populated the
service object immediately after the cartridge got deployed. In that case,
we are having all clusters from all the applications inside one service
object which those clusters are belong to. Those clusters have a reference
to application Id. Whoever requires the application id, they can find it
out from the cluster.  Anyway, the applicationsTopology has set of services
that application is using. If someone needs to find out what are the
services used by application, then they can read ApplicationsTopology. In
that way, we can filter services based on application from
applicationsTopology and can filter clusters based on application using
Topology.

Do you think, still we need to split the Topology based on application? In
that way, whoever listen to the Topology has to be application aware all
the time.

Thanks,
Reka

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I think we need to do $subject. Currently service name is set to cartridge
> type:
>
> Service service = new Service(cartridge.getType(), serviceType);
>
> If multiple applications are deployed with the same cartridge this would
> cause problems.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne