Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2017/04/15 04:02:19 UTC

Syncing 3.4 and trunk

Kevin, this question is probably for you.

Should I apply thge last four changes to rules/50_scores.cf that were made in
trunk to the 3.4 branch? Only the first of them mentions a bugzilla issue in
the commit message, bug 7282, but I think they are all part of it and that it
makes sense to port.

Also, I'm porting bug 7192 which looks like it was incorrectly labeled with a
3.4.1 version even though it was committed after the 3.4.1 release, and then
never ported to the branch. The commit for that in trunk created a file in
your sandbox sandbox/kmcgrail/20_rules_to_sandbox.cf

Do I put that in branch/3.4 also, or skip that file?

 Sidney

Re: Syncing 3.4 and trunk

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 4/15/2017 12:02 AM, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Kevin, this question is probably for you.
>
> Should I apply thge last four changes to rules/50_scores.cf that were
> made in
> trunk to the 3.4 branch? Only the first of them mentions a bugzilla
> issue in
> the commit message, bug 7282, but I think they are all part of it and
> that it
> makes sense to port.
Yes, I took a look and those should have been committed.  I'm almost
done on the review.
> Also, I'm porting bug 7192 which looks like it was incorrectly labeled
> with a
> 3.4.1 version even though it was committed after the 3.4.1 release,
> and then
> never ported to the branch. The commit for that in trunk created a
> file in
> your sandbox sandbox/kmcgrail/20_rules_to_sandbox.cf
>
> Do I put that in branch/3.4 also, or skip that file?
I'm sure the 3.4.1 tag was a mistake.

I thought that they would have been captured by auto_promotion. I've
opened 7412 and see you already copied the file so consider that bug
closed.

Re: Syncing 3.4 and trunk

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 4/15/2017 12:02 AM, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Kevin, this question is probably for you.
>
> Should I apply thge last four changes to rules/50_scores.cf that were made in
> trunk to the 3.4 branch? Only the first of them mentions a bugzilla issue in
> the commit message, bug 7282, but I think they are all part of it and that it
> makes sense to port.
Yes, I took a