Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sandarenu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 03:51:21 UTC

Using Ivy repository in Maven

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Maven. Currently I use ant to build my java applications
and use Ivy as dependency management tool. I'm keeping all by dependency
jars in svn and use ant+ivy to get them when I build my application.

Now I'm planning to move to maven and I wanted to have a local repository
for maven. In maven is there a way which i can directly access the jars I
currently have in svn, or is there a way to import them to maven repository?
Since I've quite a lot of jars in svn (currently using with ant + ivy) it is
not easy to do that manually.

Thanks and regards,
sandarenu.

AW: Using Ivy repository in Maven

Posted by Entner Harald <En...@afb.de>.
Hi sandarenu,

it depends. If the jars are available in a public repository, the only thing you have to do is to define them as dependencies in your pom. Try
http://mvnrepository.com/ as a start. There are more repositories available though. .

If you want to upload your files manually you can use

mvn deploy:deploy:file see [1]. If there are many files or you just want to have a quick start i would consider writing a bash/bat script that iterates through all your jars and calls mvn deploy:deploy-file.

I would consider using Nexus and deploy your files there (when they are not available in a public repository [2]

Hope this helps,

Harald

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/usage.html
[2] http://nexus.sonatype.org/