Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by satheesh <ts...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/09/12 08:53:12 UTC

Reading a properties file from Axis2 service class

Hi all,

I have written application using axis2 and deployed in Tomcat. I have to
read some values from properties file at run time? how can I define a
properties file in MyService.aar file read it in my service class ?

thank you in advance.
satheesh

Re: Reading a properties file from Axis2 service class

Posted by Deshan <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,

The following line of code in your previous reply;

MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getAxisService().getParameter("propertyFileName").getValue()

Does this return a reference to the actual Properties file or the file name
as a string? It returns a string when I tried it out.

I need to access the values in the properties file from the service class.
Also, I need to update them. Would you be able to help me out here?

thanks,
Deshan

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
you can declare your property file name as a parameter in services.xml

and access in the service class.

MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getAxisService().getParameter("propertyFileName").getValue()

thanks,
Amila.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:23 PM, satheesh <ts...@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have written application using axis2 and deployed in Tomcat. I have to
> read some values from properties file at run time? how can I define a
> properties file in MyService.aar file read it in my service class ?
>
> thank you in advance.
> satheesh

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.