Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Waldo Mendoza <wm...@umsa.bo> on 2005/02/09 20:52:25 UTC

Parent page-specification?

Hello all.

It´s very common to have a base page(relates to my application) that inherits
BasePage, but all the documentation a read didn´t show me how to make a page
specification for that class. For example, it would be nice if we can make this
kind of specification files:

<page-specification id="basePage" class="MyBasePage" abstract="yes">
<!--- declare all property specification, components, etc....(common to all
pages like Validators, The Validation delegate, etc) -->
</page-specification>

<page-specification id="childPage" class="MyChildPage" parent="basePage">
<!--- declare all property specification, components, etc....(specific to this
page) -->
</page-specification>

We can do this with the beans in a spring file configuration, and is very
useful. Is there any plan to make things like this???

Thanks.

Waldo Mendoza
wmendoza@umsa.bo

Re: Parent page-specification?

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Waldo Mendoza <wmendoza <at> umsa.bo> writes:

> Hello all.
>
> It´s very common to have a base page(relates to my application) that inherits
> BasePage, but all the documentation a read didn´t show me how to make a page
> specification for that class. For example, it would be nice if we can make
> this kind of specification files:

This question comes up from time to time. Instead of
inheritance, we can just use composition. That is,
if you'd like share something between the two pages,
just make that something a component and use it in
both pages.