Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Mogridge <mp...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2004/05/12 19:52:54 UTC

Same jar version has diffs between RC1 and RC2

After fetching RC2 I've noticed that a number of the plugins have diffs
between the one shipped with RC1 versus the one shipped with RC2.

I'm curious about the diffs in the case when the version identifiers are the
same for the jars in question.

For example, in RC1, the plugin 'maven-java-plugin-1.3.jar' has a size of
4353 bytes while the 'maven-java-plugin-1.3.jar' in RC2 has a size of 3040
bytes.

What's the root cause and is this something to be concerned about?  I'm
specifically cautious about what this might mean for repeatability or
reproducibility of builds.

Thanks,
Mike.