Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stuart Whitman <sw...@groupw.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/01 19:37:18 UTC

Instance used IP address given to virtual router

Hello,

I needed to update the gateway used by a basic networking zone. I disabled the zone and deleted all instances, system vms, and the virtual router, but I got a message about an IP address in use whenever I tried to update the gateway. I discovered that the IP in question was the one the virtual router had. There appeared to be no way to resolve this using the web interface or API, so I set the state of the IP address to Free in the MySQL database. After doing so, I was able to fix the gateway.

The IP address was given to the virtual router when I enabled the zone, but it was also given to an instance I created. Is there a way to repair the damage I did by manually fiddling with the MySQL database?

Thanks,
-Stu
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Group W may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of that fact by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments to it.

Re: Instance used IP address given to virtual router

Posted by Stuart Whitman <sw...@groupw.com.INVALID>.
Kiran,

An error popped up about communicating with the virtual router when I tried to restart the network. However, I no longer have issues with the router's IP address being assigned to instances.

Thanks,
-Stu