Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "nicole705@inwind.it" <ni...@inwind.it> on 2012/05/15 13:19:13 UTC

JackRabbit information request, please! :-)

 Hi Jukka,
 my name is Nicole and I'm dealing with JackRabbit clustering.
 Please, could you explain me how clustering works?
It's not clear for me understand if all cluster nodes make write operation,
or
 il only the master instance does it.
 In my application I would like to improve write performance,
 could it be setting a cluster a good solution, or this approach improves
only
 read operations?
 Thank you very much,
 kind regards,
 Nicole

 P.S: please note that my running JR instance use Persistance Manager on SQL
 Server, and a datastore on file system.

Re: JackRabbit information request, please! :-)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicole,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM, nicole705@inwind.it
<ni...@inwind.it> wrote:
> It's not clear for me understand if all cluster nodes make write operation,
> or il only the master instance does it.

There is no dedicated master node, but the cluster nodes synchronize
so that only one of them can be writing at any given moment.

> In my application I would like to improve write performance, could
> it be setting a cluster a good solution, or this approach improves
> only read operations?

The current Jackrabbit clustering model only speeds up concurrent read
operations.

BR,

Jukka Zitting