Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Kabilan VK <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/28 14:46:51 UTC

Is Log4Net project abandoned?

Is it abandoned, why no one responds for any review or contribution
questions?

Regards,
Kabilan

Re: Is Log4Net project abandoned?

Posted by Kabilan VK <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominik,
I have setup a sample build for Log4Net.standard solution. Let me know if
its okay to proceed then we can migrate all builds to azure devops.
https://dev.azure.com/logging-log4net/Log4Net/_build/results?buildId=20&view=artifacts

Regards,
Kabilan

--

=================
Thanks and Regards

Re: Is Log4Net project abandoned?

Posted by Kabilan VK <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominik,

--

=================
Thanks and Regards

Re: Is Log4Net project abandoned?

Posted by RC <jo...@robajz.info>.
Hi Dominik,

I have in the past been much interested in log4net and, as you may
remember, I hoped to integrate log4net.ext.json. (Un)fortunately, life
goes on and I'm not in the .net realm anymore to be of any benefit
here. Like you, I struggle to maintain the extension I wrote. If
someone takes log4net, please take log4net.ext.json with it :D Thanks a
lot for all the work!

Best regards, Robert

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

--
Dominik Psenner

Re: Is Log4Net project abandoned?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Is Log4Net project abandoned?

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kabilan VK <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Thanks Matt for providing feedback on the project. I am better at the
moment but still have hard limits in place regarding the time I spend in
front of computers because it does me good.

Given the limited resources I am donating to the project there won't be
noticable progress in the foreseeable future.

To repopulate the set of developers we could lower the bar for adding new
committers. We could also push log4net back to incubation. What do you
think?
--
Dominik Psenner

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.