Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Franz Garsombke <fg...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/26 18:27:07 UTC

Thanks for Maven 2

I know that most of the time people post to ask questions or report problems. I would like to give thanks to the Maven team for producing some much needed forward-thinking software that really does revolutionize how we build componentized software. I know that working on open source is difficult and takes quite an amount of time.

Franz Garsombke

---------------------------------

RE: Searching for "maven start plugin"?

Posted by Greg Jones <gr...@gkj.com.au>.
Martin,

Try using http://mojo.codehaus.org/appassembler/appassembler-maven-plugin/
to package up your application for execution and to automatically create the
script files to start the application. You could then use the
exec-maven-plugin to run the generated script files to start your
application.

Regards,

Greg Jones

Posted by Steve Wells <we...@gmail.com>.
Try this:

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

IIRC, there is a javaapplication plugin at mojo,
and also a pomstrap extension at sourceforge.

Hope this helps.

Raphaêl

Re: AW: Searching for "maven start plugin"?

Posted by Martin Bengl <ma...@dailyspring.net>.
Hi all,

thanks for your replies. The exec-maven-plugin works fine for me!
Great Plugin :-)

Cheers,
Martin

Re: Thanks for Maven 2

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the thanking Brett, Carlos, Jason and all the other developers.

There wouldn't be so much activity if maven wasn't so good.
The problem scope of Maven is just huge (a lot bigger then ANT), so it's
not surprising there's still work to be done and problems to be solved.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Thanks for Maven 2

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Franz for your kind words and your support.

Cheers,
Stéphane

Re: Thanks for Maven 2

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks Franz!
we'll make you a discount next time you download maven ;) ....

On 1/26/07, Franz Garsombke <fg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I know that most of the time people post to ask questions or report problems. I would like to give thanks to the Maven team for producing some much needed forward-thinking software that really does revolutionize how we build componentized software. I know that working on open source is difficult and takes quite an amount of time.
>
> Franz Garsombke
>

> ---------------------------------

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: Thanks for Maven 2

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.
Franz Garsombke wrote:
> I know that most of the time people post to ask questions or report problems. I would like to give thanks to the Maven team for producing some much needed forward-thinking software that really does revolutionize how we build componentized software. I know that working on open source is difficult and takes quite an amount of time.
>
> Franz Garsombke
>

> ---------------------------------

I too would like to thank the Maven2 team. It has greatly improved the
reliability of my build process and the confidence I will produce yet
another build time after time. Yes there are glitches, problems and
occasional frustrations but I find the maven way much more productive
and extensible than the ant way. I'm positive the maven team will work
on getting as many bugs out and improve the process even more and I
guess IDE support should get better and better with time. Can we make
this a positive feedback thread? There have been too many negative
backlashes.

THANK YOU ALL MAVEN (+PLUGINS) HACKERS!
Srgjan