Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2002/03/14 08:10:05 UTC

Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death (.cb extension)

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 16:30, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>. . .
>  b) The proposed archive extension is .cb,
>. . .

FWIW: according to http://www.ace.net.nz/tech/TechFileFormat.html#c
.cb is used for "Microsoft clean boot file" ;-)

.cbl is used for COBOL source files

Maybe:
.coa (cocoon archive)
.coc (cocoon)

-Bertrand

Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death (.cb extension)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>From: "Michael Wechner" <co...@wyona.org>
>
>>Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
>>
>>>From: "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@codeconsult.ch>

>>>What about:
>>>.cba (Cocoon Block Archive)
>>>
>>What about:
>>
>>.car (Cocoon Archive)
>>

>Listen guys, what are we trying to name here? Vapor? ;-P
>During development, let's call them .stefano and that's it ;-)

ROFL !!!
:-)

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death (.cb extension)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Michael Wechner" <co...@wyona.org>

> Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
>
> > From: "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@codeconsult.ch>

> >>FWIW: according to http://www.ace.net.nz/tech/TechFileFormat.html#c
> >>.cb is used for "Microsoft clean boot file" ;-)
> >>
> >>.cbl is used for COBOL source files
> >>
> >>Maybe:
> >>.coa (cocoon archive)
> >>.coc (cocoon)
> >
> > What about:
> > .cba (Cocoon Block Archive)
>
> What about:
>
> .car (Cocoon Archive)

Listen guys, what are we trying to name here? Vapor? ;-P
During development, let's call them .stefano and that's it ;-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death (.cb extension)

Posted by Michael Wechner <co...@wyona.org>.

Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:

> From: "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@codeconsult.ch>
>
>>On Wednesday 13 March 2002 16:30, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>>. . .
>>> b) The proposed archive extension is .cb,
>>>. . .
>>>
>>FWIW: according to http://www.ace.net.nz/tech/TechFileFormat.html#c
>>.cb is used for "Microsoft clean boot file" ;-)
>>
>>.cbl is used for COBOL source files
>>
>>Maybe:
>>.coa (cocoon archive)
>>.coc (cocoon)
>>

> What about:
> .cba (Cocoon Block Archive)

What about:

.car (Cocoon Archive)

I'm actually more into riding a bicycle, but I guess you don't want to
hear any "political" statements :-)

Michael

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
From: "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@codeconsult.ch>
> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 16:30, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >. . .
> >  b) The proposed archive extension is .cb,
> >. . .
>
> FWIW: according to http://www.ace.net.nz/tech/TechFileFormat.html#c
> .cb is used for "Microsoft clean boot file" ;-)
>
> .cbl is used for COBOL source files
>
> Maybe:
> .coa (cocoon archive)
> .coc (cocoon)

What about:
.cba (Cocoon Block Archive)

Konstantin

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org>

> Ok, what about forgetting about the 8.3 notation and move to the current
> millennium?

I told you guys, he is going in the .stefano direction ;-P

BTW, thew are starting to use the .stefano definition on the users list,
cocool! ;-)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Friday 15 March 2002 13:46, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >. . .
> > Ok, what about forgetting about the 8.3 notation and move to the
> > current millennium?
>
> I bet .stefano (or any other > 3 chars extension) would confuse a lot
> of people out there. And probably some dumb applications as well.

My vote goes simply to

 .cob -> COcoon Block

which is neat, simple, and easy to pronounce.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death (.cb extension)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Friday 15 March 2002 13:46, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>. . .
> Ok, what about forgetting about the 8.3 notation and move to the
> current millennium?

I bet .stefano (or any other > 3 chars extension) would confuse a lot
of people out there. And probably some dumb applications as well.

what about
.cdb (Cocon Deployment Block)
.cbu (Cocoon Block Unit)
.cbf (Cocoon Block File)
.c2b (Cocoon 2 Block)

-Bertrand

Re: [RT] Avoiding Cocoon Thermal Death (.cb extension)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 16:30, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >. . .
> >  b) The proposed archive extension is .cb,
> >. . .
>
> FWIW: according to http://www.ace.net.nz/tech/TechFileFormat.html#c
> .cb is used for "Microsoft clean boot file" ;-)

???? what the heck is a 'clean boot file' anyway?

> .cbl is used for COBOL source files

ok

> Maybe:
> .coa (cocoon archive)

hmmm, no, this is not an archive!

> .coc (cocoon)

Nah, don't like the english resonation of this pronounciation :)