Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2016/10/06 07:07:38 UTC

Hadoop 3.x profile working for hbase 2.0 [Re: HBASE 2.0]

I'd like to get the -Dhadoop.profile=3.0 at least to compiling and passing
licensing working for the first hbase alpha (or whatever we end up calling
it)

I'll propose these items:
1) peg to one of the recent hadoop alphas (hadoop 3.0.0-alpha1 is the most
recent). currently we are against 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
2) add precompile checks against a hadoop 3.x (HBASE-16733)
3) get 'mvn test install -Dskiptests' to succeed without licensing issues
(HBASE-16712)
4) Have a job setup in jenkins so that we can gain insight and burn down
unit tests failures against hadoop3.

These items have a good chance of landing in the next week or two.

Other related issues that are nice to have but wouldn't block an hbase
alpha include:
1) having no always failing unit tests against hadoop3 (HBASE-6581)

Thoughts?
Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// jon@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh

Re: Hadoop 3.x profile working for hbase 2.0 [Re: HBASE 2.0]

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I assume we will have matrix testing of HBase versions against designated
upstream build targets for Hadoop 2.x and Hadoop 3.x? If not, if not too
much trouble would be a good idea. We're ad hoc about checking if a commit
to 0.98 breaks the Hadoop 1 build. Every few release candidates I have to
commit addendums to fix as part of the RC process. For what it's worth.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Hadoop 3.x profile working for hbase 2.0 [Re: HBASE 2.0]

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Yes.