Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by princy <pr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/03/25 14:22:39 UTC

ERROR 40XD1:container was opened in read-only mode

i have been using derby it worked well until now
  does not accept insert,create queries.but select query works well.
  the error which occurs is
  ERROR 40XD1:Container was opened in read-only mode

---------------------------------

Re: ERROR 40XD1:container was opened in read-only mode

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
princy wrote:

> i have been using derby it worked well until now
> does not accept insert,create queries.but select query works well.
> the error which occurs is
> ERROR 40XD1:Container was opened in read-only mode

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

Along the line of what Øystein posted - this is usually a configuration
problem of some sort.  Check file and directory ownership and
permissions.  Be sure you can create files as well as read and write (if
the db.lck file cannot be created this will happen).  If there are still
problems see if the database can be opened using IJ - if it opens this
indicates the problem is with the permissions assigned to the
application process.

I assume that the database is not contained in a jarfile or stored on
read-only media.  This would restrict access to read-only.

HTH

Re: ERROR 40XD1:container was opened in read-only mode

Posted by Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM>.
princy wrote:
> i have been using derby it worked well until now
> does not accept insert,create queries.but select query works well.
> the error which occurs is
> ERROR 40XD1:Container was opened in read-only mode

Have you checked the derby.log file?
You may run into this problem if your disk is full.

--
Øystein Grøvlen, Senior Staff Engineer
Trondheim, Norway