Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net> on 2007/08/20 09:12:57 UTC

Servlet spec 2.3 vs. 2.4

Just out of curiosity...

Is there a reason why Wicket is using 2.3 of the servlet spec?

Would it be possible to move to 2.4? Or is that non-trivial?

There are currently 2 classes that do not compile with 2.4:

  BufferedHttpServletResponse
  MockHttpServletResponse

Should I send in a patch?

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Servlet spec 2.3 vs. 2.4

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
What must those 2 methods do?
are they suppose to call something on the for example "realResponse"
variable of the Buffered?
because then we get a compile error when compiling against 2.3
And we don't really have to upgrade to 2.3 (we don't need anything from the
spec)

As long as those 2 new methods are not called there is no problem
And those 2 classes are internal to the wicket code so those methods won't
be called

johan

Re: Servlet spec 2.3 vs. 2.4

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.

Re: AjaxEventBehavior "onfocus"

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
fhagen@s-und-n.de wrote:
> Everytime I switch between Eclipse an Firefox the "onfocus" - Event is
> triggered. Am I right?

Yep, that's normal.

You should also receive the corresponding onblur event when the user
alt+tabs away. This is nothing to do with Wicket - it's how the browsers
work.

Regards,

Al

Re: AjaxEventBehavior "onfocus"

Posted by fh...@s-und-n.de.
Hi again,

well I think i got the Problem.

Everytime I switch between Eclipse an Firefox the "onfocus" - Event is
triggered. Am I right?

So that's the reason why the "MyAjaxEventBehavior called" will be
displayed that often?

Wouldn't that be a problem in a productiv environment?
For example:

A user starts his application within a browser an activates an "onfocus"
field.
Whyever he has to change from his webbrowser to another app and when he
returns the "onfocus" - Event is triggered again. Is this a normal
"onfocus" behavior?

Freundliche Grüße / With kind regards
Fabian Hagen

S&N AG
Klingenderstr. 5
D 33100 Paderborn

voice     +49 5251/1581- 862
fax       +49 5251/1581-71
eMail     fhagen@s-und-n.de
web       http://www.s-und-n.de

Vorstand
Klaus Beverungen
Josef Tillmann

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates
Heinz-Dieter Wendorff

Handelsregister
Amtsgericht Paderborn HRB 3270

AjaxEventBehavior "onfocus"

Posted by fh...@s-und-n.de.
Hi,

i'm trying to implement a kind of "onfocus" event for a TextField but I
don't know how to do this exactly.

I found the AjaxEventBehavior in the mailinglist but don't know how to use
it right.

Here is my sample:

public class MyAjaxTextField extends TextField{

        public MyAjaxTextField(String arg0) {
                super(arg0);

        }

        public MyAjaxTextField(String arg0, IModel model) {
                super(arg0,model);
                PropertyModel pm = (PropertyModel)model;
                Person person = (Person)pm.getTarget();

                this.add(new MyAjaxEventBehavior("onfocus"));
        }
}

public class MyAjaxEventBehavior extends AjaxEventBehavior{

        public MyAjaxEventBehavior(String event) {
                super(event);
        }

        @Override
        protected void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
                System.out.println("MyAjaxEventBehavior called.");

        }
}

So this works fine an the "MyAjaxEventBehavior called" is written to the
console but it is written every time. It doesn't matter if it is "onfocus"
or "onblur" or whatever.

How do I have to change things that only by "onfocus" the System.out part
is being displayed?

Fabian

Re: Servlet spec 2.3 vs. 2.4

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.