Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com> on 2010/10/02 12:14:02 UTC

Autosuggest with inner phrases

Hi ,
I implemented the auto suggest using terms component.But the suggestions are
coming from the starting of the word.But i want inner phrases also.For
example, if I type "bass" Auto-Complete should offer suggestions that
include "bass fishing"  or "bass guitar", and even "sea bass" (note how
"bass" is not necessarily the first word).

How can i achieve this using solr's terms component.

Regards,
Siva

Re: Autosuggest with inner phrases

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Or, <plug>, this: http://www.sematext.com/products/autocomplete/index.html ,
which happens to use the same "bass" examples as the original poster. :)

You can see this Autosuggest in action on http://search-lucene.com/ .

Otis
----

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
This's what yer lookin' for:

Posted by Bhavnik Gajjar <bh...@gatewaynintec.com>.
  Hi,

This thread can be useful

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/9edc01a90a195336/enhancing_auto_complete#d1340d7715162608

Regards,
Bhavnik

On 10/3/2010 11:51 PM, Arunkumar Ayyavu wrote:
> I had the same question few days back. You can look at the solution
> suggested by Chantal in this link.
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/9bbce5302bd3940e/autocomplete_match_words_anywhere_in_the_token#cec7133bbaf5b49c
>
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 3:44 PM, sivaprasad<si...@echidnainc.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>> I implemented the auto suggest using terms component.But the suggestions
>> are
>> coming from the starting of the word.But i want inner phrases also.For
>> example, if I type "bass" Auto-Complete should offer suggestions that
>> include "bass fishing"  or "bass guitar", and even "sea bass" (note how
>> "bass" is not necessarily the first word).
>>
>> How can i achieve this using solr's terms component.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Siva
>> --

The contents of this eMail including the contents of attachment(s) are privileged and confidential material of Gateway NINtec Pvt. Ltd. (GNPL) and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). If this eMail has been received by error, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this eMail message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of GNPL. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this eMail or any action taken in reliance on this eMail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This eMail may contain viruses. GNPL has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this eMail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the eMail or attachment(s). GNPL is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. GNPL reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this eMail address and may be stored on the GNPL eMail system. In case this eMail has reached you in error, and you  would no longer like to receive eMails from us, then please send an eMail to dnd@gatewaynintec.com

Re: Autosuggest with inner phrases

Posted by Arunkumar Ayyavu <ar...@gmail.com>.
I had the same question few days back. You can look at the solution
suggested by Chantal in this link.
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/9bbce5302bd3940e/autocomplete_match_words_anywhere_in_the_token#cec7133bbaf5b49c

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 3:44 PM, sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com>wrote:

> Hi ,
> I implemented the auto suggest using terms component.But the suggestions
> are
> coming from the starting of the word.But i want inner phrases also.For
> example, if I type "bass" Auto-Complete should offer suggestions that
> include "bass fishing"  or "bass guitar", and even "sea bass" (note how
> "bass" is not necessarily the first word).
>
> How can i achieve this using solr's terms component.
>
> Regards,
> Siva

Arun

Re: Autosuggest with inner phrases

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> Does adding the shingle filter
> factory have to be done before or after indexing?

It will be added to index time analyzer, if you are asking that. Also re-start solr and re-index is required.

Re: Autosuggest with inner phrases

Posted by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net>.
Does adding the shingle filter factory have to be done before or after indexing?

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
EARTH has a Right To Life,
  otherwise we all die.