Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2004/02/11 15:39:12 UTC

[VOTE] Xindice Eclipse Plugin

Hi All,

There are couple of issues with the Eclipse plug-in which is in the
Xindice scratchpad:

  (a) It is not Apache - licensed. It bears copyright "Etish Limited
2002" in the source files.
  (b) Nobody supports it, makes builds, updates it for the latest
Eclipse, etc.
  (c) It is derived from Attrezzo plugin hosted on the Sourceforge,
which is not maintained also.

So, we have couple of ways of dealing with this:

1) Somebody steps up and maintains the plugin in Xindice CVS.
This will include (a) contacting original authors so they sign software
grant to transfer copyright; (b) testing plugin with current versions of
Eclipse and Xindice; (c) providing binary builds of the plugin.

2) Somebody steps up and maintains plugin on the Sourceforge.
There is no need to change the license, and it should be removed then
from Xindice CVS. Xindice website will link to it.

3) Nobody steps up and maintains.
We should remove plugin from the Xindice CVS.

Please place your votes, or other suggestions, thoughts.
"+1" votes for number (1) or (2) would mean that you are volunteering :-)

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Xindice Eclipse Plugin

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> 1) Somebody steps up and maintains the plugin in Xindice CVS.
> This will include (a) contacting original authors so they sign software
> grant to transfer copyright; (b) testing plugin with current versions of
> Eclipse and Xindice; (c) providing binary builds of the plugin.
>
> 2) Somebody steps up and maintains plugin on the Sourceforge.
> There is no need to change the license, and it should be removed then
> from Xindice CVS. Xindice website will link to it.
>
> 3) Nobody steps up and maintains.
> We should remove plugin from the Xindice CVS.
>
> Please place your votes, or other suggestions, thoughts.
> "+1" votes for number (1) or (2) would mean that you are volunteering :-)

+1 for #3: if no one steps up (quickly...), I'd remove it from CVS
(including ,v files).

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)