Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aaron Shettleroe <aa...@touchnet.com> on 2009/03/16 14:01:04 UTC

Building three artifacts from the same pom

I'm trying to build 3 artifacts from the same POM.  The project is
building an EJB 3.0 jar file and I have 3 different persistence.xml
files, one per database vendor.  I'd like all 3 jars to be built when I
do a "mvn package."

I've looked into using the maven-jar-plugin to accomplish this, but I
can't seem to get the persistence.xml file I need into the JAR.  I tried
using the include tag but to no avail.  It doesn't "see" files outside
of src/main/java and src/main/resources.

I have the following structure:
src/main/persistence/mysql/persistence.xml
src/main/persistence/oracle/persistence.xml
src/main/persistence/sqlserver/persistence.xml

How do I get the right persistence.xml into the right JAR?  Again I want
all three JARs produced at package phase.

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Building three artifacts from the same pom

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
You'd probably be better off with 4 modules...

module #1 is all the contents of the jar without persistence.xml

module#2-#4 just have the persistence.xml, they use
dependency:unpack-dependencies to unpack module#1 into target/classes