Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Greenish <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/11 22:34:12 UTC

permission on document root

Hello,

I am having problems with permissions when only the
web url is typed into the browser.  I know this should
be just an apache config issue  I have two sites being
served on this server and they both have the same
configuration in the vhost file.  One site uses
mod_perl and has problems, the other uses cgi and has
no permissions issues.   I am just checking if there
are any specific settings in the apache config for
mod_perl with regards to permissions since I haven't
found the problem

The following is my setup:

   DocumentRoot "/http/greanie"
   DirectoryIndex index index.html
   <Directory "/http/greanie">
      Options +FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>

    <IfModule mod_perl.c>
        <Location /index>
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlResponseHandler IndexHandler
            PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        </Location>
    </IfModule>

However, when I just put in the web address without a
specific resource (i.e. www.my.site.address.com), I
get the following error:

"You don't have permission to access the requested
directory. There is either no index document or the
directory is read-protected.  You don't have
permission to access the requested object. It is
either read-protected or not readable by the server."

If I specify the whole path to the index file, I don't
get the error.  I am I missing something?  What does
this configuration work for the non-mod_perl site?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

greanie

http://mail.yahoo.com