Posted to users@camel.apache.org by swissSteve <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 16:05:44 UTC

Rest DSL URI template wildcards?

Hi, I'm using the Java DSL to define a REST endpoint and I have a use case
where I'd like to specify a wildcard for the verb URI template i.e ..*:

rest("/api/now/v1/").description("APIProxy").bindingMode(RestBindingMode.off).produces("application/xml")
.get("..*").to("direct:invokeApi")

Can this be done?
I'm using Camel 2.14.2 with camel-jetty under Karaf 3.0.3.

--
Steve

Re: Rest DSL URI template wildcards?

Posted by swissSteve <st...@gmail.com>.
Brilliant, just what I need. Thanks Claus!

Re: Rest DSL URI template wildcards?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

No well it depends on what underlying component you use.
If you use camel-spark-java then it support * as wildcard.

For jetty you can likely set its component / endpoint option
matchOnUriPrefix=true which is its "weird name" for wildcard.
But the * in the get is not understood by jetty.

Though we could maybe try to bake that in officially in the rest-dsl.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM, swissSteve <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm using the Java DSL to define a REST endpoint and I have a use case
> where I'd like to specify a wildcard for the verb URI template i.e ..*:
>
> rest("/api/now/v1/").description("APIProxy").bindingMode(RestBindingMode.off).produces("application/xml")
> .get("..*").to("direct:invokeApi")
>
> Can this be done?
> I'm using Camel 2.14.2 with camel-jetty under Karaf 3.0.3.
>
> --
> Steve

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.