Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Nick Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net> on 2014/02/09 05:31:03 UTC

[CANCELED][VOTE] Log4j 2.0-rc1 rc1

Well, unfortunately my first release attempt didn't turn out so well. The vote for Log4j 2.0-rc1 RC1 has been canceled:

- There are unsupported licenses. I will fix those shortly.
- There might be something pointing to rc2 instead of rc1. I'll look into that.

Gary also pointed out LOG4J2-531, reported within the last 24 hours. I don't think this is a show-stopper to rc1. We can roll rc2 soon, but it has been months since a release and I don't want to hold this up. Is anyone going to object to a release without a fix for LOG4J2-531?

Nick

Re: [CANCELED][VOTE] Log4j 2.0-rc1 rc1

Posted by Nick Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net>.
On Feb 8, 2014, at 11:13 PM, Remko Popma wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Nick Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
> Well, unfortunately my first release attempt didn't turn out so well. The vote for Log4j 2.0-rc1 RC1 has been canceled:
>
> - There are unsupported licenses. I will fix those shortly.
> I've fixed the two missing license headers that Gary mentioned. Still need to check if there are other license issues.

Yes, but you fixed one of the incorrectly. :-) I have fixed it.

> - There might be something pointing to rc2 instead of rc1. I'll look into that.
> I think that was a misunderstanding: you renamed the versions in the pom.xml files to prepare for the next release (you were following the steps in the ReleaseProcedure). Gary updated his local workspace and saw these rc2 versions. I don't think there was any problem there.

Correct. I confirmed that upon further examination.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Nick Williams <nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net