Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2005/06/23 08:33:46 UTC

Forrest does not respect encoding of HTML source files?

Hello,

I tried to use a UTF-8 encoded HTML file as source file (for skinning
etc.), but the UTF-8 got garbled (was treated as Latin1/stream of
single bytes). I didn't at the time have the possibility to check for
ways to configure this, but it appears to me that when a properly
encoded and marked-up HTML file is read, Forrest should honour the
encoding info in the file, and use that encoding when reading it.

The OpenOffice input plugin will treat UTF-8 correctly (I assume
UTF-8 is the default encoding of OpenOffice), but alas, it returned
the tables as paragraphs. Thus, with the source files I had, I was
forced to choose between proper character rendering or proper table
rendering:-/

Anyone any experience or hints on this one?

Regards,
Sjur