Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/21 19:18:52 UTC

Re: [smix] camel-example-osgi sample deployment not working

I found the way to make OBR work with maven snapshots.
We just need to install the pax-runner maven handler bundle which is just a
URL handler for maven :-)
Currently you can do that using the following command:
   osgi install
http://repository.ops4j.org/maven2/org/ops4j/pax/runner/pax-runner-handler-mvn/0.5.5/pax-runner-handler-mvn-0.5.5.jar
   osgi start xx
where xx is the bundle id of the just installed bundle
Then, you can type
   osgi install mvn:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository!org.apache.camel/camel-core/1.3-SNAPSHOT
and this will resolve all the snapshots maven thingy.
So the workaround is to include this bundle by default in our distribution
and to update the OBR file to use maven urls instead of plain absolute http
URLs.

Btw, i'm thinking we need to add a parameter to the install method so that
it automatically start the bundle.