Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/04/22 13:52:34 UTC

[proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship them.

This includes:

 1) Xerces -> we ship 2.1.0 but 2.4.0 is available. how come we missed
*three* releases?

 2) Xalan -> we ship 2.4.1 but 2.5.0 is out.

 3) Ant -> we ship 1.6alpha but only 1.5.5 is out. AFAIK, we are not
using any 1.6 feature, so I propose we downgrade to 1.5.5

anything else I'm missing?

--
Stefano.

Re: [proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
> released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship them.
>
> This includes:
>
>  1) Xerces -> we ship 2.1.0 but 2.4.0 is available. how come we missed
> *three* releases?
>
>  2) Xalan -> we ship 2.4.1 but 2.5.0 is out.
>
>  3) Ant -> we ship 1.6alpha but only 1.5.5 is out. AFAIK, we are not
> using any 1.6 feature, so I propose we downgrade to 1.5.5

you probably mean 1.5.3 ?

> anything else I'm missing?

-marc=

Re: [proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
> released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship them.
>
> This includes:
>
>  1) Xerces -> we ship 2.1.0 but 2.4.0 is available. how come we missed
> *three* releases?
>
>  2) Xalan -> we ship 2.4.1 but 2.5.0 is out.
>
>  3) Ant -> we ship 1.6alpha but only 1.5.5 is out. AFAIK, we are not
> using any 1.6 feature, so I propose we downgrade to 1.5.5
>
> anything else I'm missing?

+1 to all of those.

Yes, there are quite a few new Excalibur component releases.

-----Chris Rock

Re: [proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 13:52, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
> released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship them.
>
> This includes:
>
>  1) Xerces -> we ship 2.1.0 but 2.4.0 is available. how come we missed
> *three* releases?
>
>  2) Xalan -> we ship 2.4.1 but 2.5.0 is out.
>
>  3) Ant -> we ship 1.6alpha but only 1.5.5 is out. AFAIK, we are not
> using any 1.6 feature, so I propose we downgrade to 1.5.5
>
> anything else I'm missing?

commons-logging: 1.0.2 => 1.0.3 (I've planned to do this, just haven't
gotten there yet).

Re: [proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

Posted by Stuart Roebuck <st...@adolos.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 12:52  pm, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
> released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship
> them.
>
> This includes:
>
>  1) Xerces -> we ship 2.1.0 but 2.4.0 is available. how come we missed
> *three* releases?

I've certainly been having no problems with 2.4.0 on Cocoon 2.0.4+.

>  2) Xalan -> we ship 2.4.1 but 2.5.0 is out.

However, we have had some problems with Xalan versions after 2.3.1
(with C 2.0.4+) but I can't remember what they are at this instant, so
I'm just posting in case it jogs someone else's memory about issues.

Stuart

            Public Key - 1024D/88DD65AF 2001-11-23 Stuart Roebuck
(Adolos)
      Key fingerprint = 89D9 E405 F8B1 9B22 0FA2  F2C1 9E57 5AB1 88DD
65AF
-
Stuart Roebuck
stuart.roebuck@adolos.com
Systems Architect                             Java, XML, MacOS X, XP,
etc.
ADOLOS
<http://www.adolos.com/>

Re: [proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
leo leonid wrote:

> On Dienstag, April 22, 2003, at 01:52  Uhr, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
>> released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship
>> them.
>>
>> anything else I'm missing?
>>

> Lucene 1.3 RC1. It seems to have a lot of improvements since 1.2
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-lucene/
> CHANGES.txt?rev=1.45

But this one is not release - it is candidate...

Vadim

Re: [proposal] updating jars to latest released version when we can

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
On Dienstag, April 22, 2003, at 01:52  Uhr, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I would like to propose we update the jars we ship to the latest
> released versions, if we can or make an effort to have others ship
> them.
>
> anything else I'm missing?

Lucene 1.3 RC1. It seems to have a lot of improvements since 1.2
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-lucene/
CHANGES.txt?rev=1.45

/Leo