Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by nicolae claudius <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/05 15:02:46 UTC

qpid-route

Hello,

I use a custom (modified for custom LDAP authentication) qpid broker version 0.4
I want to use federation between two brokers in Layer 3 network topology, by means of "qpid-route".
The problem is that this command is nowhere in my qpid-0.4 source tree, neither in installation files (make install).

I belive that theese files are in qpid-python project, wich belongs to qpid 0.5 version.
Is it posible that i use that package to configure federation in my 0.4 broker. If not, what can I do?

regards,
Nicolae Claudius

PS.
The project needs an oficial IRC channel (mabe #qpid on freenode?)

Re: qpid-route

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/05/2009 03:05 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
> Did you branch a custom build because M4 didn't support your LDAP
> requirements?

Just fyi: qpidd uses cyrus-sasl on linux and cyrus-sasl can be
configured to use LDAP for authentication (though I have not tried to do
so myself). So looking at the cyrus-sasl docs might also be valuable.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-route

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
On 11/05/2009 09:02 AM, nicolae claudius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use a custom (modified for custom LDAP authentication) qpid broker version 0.4
> I want to use federation between two brokers in Layer 3 network topology, by means of "qpid-route".
> The problem is that this command is nowhere in my qpid-0.4 source tree, neither in installation files (make install).
>
> I belive that theese files are in qpid-python project, wich belongs to qpid 0.5 version.
> Is it posible that i use that package to configure federation in my 0.4 broker. If not, what can I do?
>
> regards,
> Nicolae Claudius
>
> PS.
> The project needs an oficial IRC channel (mabe #qpid on freenode?)

Hi Nicolae,

Using tools introduced in 0.5 to manage the M4 broker is probably not a
good idea.  I believe qpid-route was present in the M4 release (in
qpid/tags/M4/RC9/qpid/python/commands/qpid-route) so I'm not sure why
you don't see it.

Did you branch a custom build because M4 didn't support your LDAP
requirements?  Is there a reason that the cyrus-sasl libraries (used by
the broker to handle authentication) don't meet your needs for LDAP?

In general, if you branch the project and make your own modifications,
you either can't use new features and bug fixes introduced later in Qpid
or you need to continually re-base your branch.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid-route

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 11/05/2009 09:02 AM, nicolae claudius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use a custom (modified for custom LDAP authentication) qpid broker version 0.4
> I want to use federation between two brokers in Layer 3 network topology, by means of "qpid-route".
> The problem is that this command is nowhere in my qpid-0.4 source tree, neither in installation files (make install).
>
> I belive that theese files are in qpid-python project, wich belongs to qpid 0.5 version.
> Is it posible that i use that package to configure federation in my 0.4 broker. If not, what can I do?
>
> regards,
> Nicolae Claudius
>
> PS.
> The project needs an oficial IRC channel (mabe #qpid on freenode?)

The project does have a freenode#qpid channel

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org