Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/20 22:02:44 UTC

Open source Flex maps components

Hi there guys.

I was busy theses days working on maps for Flex, and turns out that we had
left so less, Google,yahoo drops support.

And I guess is time to create our very own component and integrate in the
current SDK, spliting overall problems on platform support.

I'd like to introduce Flex-Maps https://github.com/igorcosta/flex-maps

It's based on ModestMaps engine and includes basic functionality found in
Goole Maps like, Markers, Collections, InfoWindow.

So, the idea behind is to fullfill the gap left by major vendors and help
developers using current vendors out there with their own maps.

Right now the components includes the following services:

   - Openstreet maps
   - Nokia Here maps
   - Microsoft Bing Maps
   - Yahoo Maps

I'm planing to include in the flex SDK, but has a lot to be done before I
submit.

>From now  I just need some feedback.

Best Regards
----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com
www.igorcosta.org

Re: Open source Flex maps components

Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
I'm in contact with them to approach the donation.

Stay tunned!
----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com
www.igorcosta.org

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.

--

João Fernandes

Re: Open source Flex maps components

Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
@Joao.

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Igor,

Nice! The questions is, are we allowed to build such a component and use the content from Google, Microsoft, etc.?

A working maps component (especially with the good Google content quality) would be a great addition to the SDK.

Marcus

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,

did you have the permission from the author to propose it for donation to
the Apache Project?

--

João Fernandes

Re: Open source Flex maps components

Posted by manish sharma <mi...@gmail.com>.
Its gr8,

To see that Maps are now available in SDK as we have to use till now other
options like google/Yahoo Maps or ESRI.

Thanks & Regards* **?*
*MANISH SHARMA*
PHONE:   +91 783 899 6886
e-mail:   sharma.manish,gwl@gmail.com /
minisharma17@gmail.com<sh...@gmail.com>
Join my Network:*http://in.linkedin.com/pub/manish-sharma/23/513/b74*
*P *Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless
absolutely necessary. Please encourage environmental awareness. SAVE
TREES-SAVE WORLD

Posted by Rushme Nayak <ru...@gmail.com>.
Did we make any progress regarding Modest Map donation??

--
Warm Regards,
*Rush-me*

Re: Open source Flex maps components