Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/21 08:01:20 UTC

FDB and its commands

Hi all,

I am working on implementing FDB debugger in my project. I am using fdb
commands to perform relevant tasks. I have debugger view, I have breakpoint
evaluation and execution process too. So just like Flash builder, things are
working in my project too. When user keep a breakpoint and run project in
debug mode, Debug view is opening in right hand side pane as well tracelines
comes on line where breakpoint is. Using "F6" user can traverse through
lines and can see variables' values in debug view.

Issue:
I need to update variables specific to the line which is currently traced.
As of now I am updating whole list of variables which is taking a long time
to load again and it is not feasible too. I am unable to find any command
which can provide local variables from a line. I do not have any other idea
at this moment. Please suggest.

Thanks
Dhwani

Re: FDB and its commands

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Dhwani,

I'm still confused about what exact problem you are having.  Are you still
having a problem with FDB or just updating a value in an XMLListCollection?

-Alex

Re: FDB and its commands

Re: FDB and its commands

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I"m not sure I understand the question.  This looks like a dump of the
main Application.  What does that have to do with ADG and
XMLListCollection?

Re: FDB and its commands

Re: FDB and its commands

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I thought FB only showed the this pointer and variables local to the
function.

IIRC, for any object, FB only shows its immediate properties and leaves
the bigger and slower "inherited properties" for on-demand.

-Alex

Re: FDB and its commands

Re: FDB and its commands

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Do you want local variables or variables in scope?

Local variables are available as "info local" and parameters are available
via "info stack".  I don't know of any easy way to get all of the scope
variables.  You might want to just get a few and use scrolling to get more.

-Alex